Saturday, November 14, 2015

Two Doors

There are two doors that a Christian faces in his life. The first one, we have to chose to open. The other one, we need to choose to walk through. Both are completely life changing, but most of us only tend to think about one most of the time.

What's behind door #1?

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come i and eat with that person, and they with me. (Rev 3:20) 

At the beginning of our Christian journey, we all heard Jesus knocking on the door of our heart. We were brave enough to answer. This began our Christian journey! It's important that we continue to realize that the Holy Spirit has taken residence inside us and that we need to spend some quality time with our house guest.

What's behind door #2?

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. Matt 16:18
Jesus spoke these words to Peter just after Peter proclaimed that Jesus was the son of God and Jesus recognized that "flesh and blood" did not reveal that to him.

A lot of times, we think about this being a defensive statement... but when the enemy attacks - they do not bring their gates with them! That's right! We are to be standing at the gates of hell waging war through prayer and through sharing Christ with those that are trapped behind the gates.

Let's remember how great it was when we opened Door #1, and lets not forget that we are daily standing in front of Door #2!



No comments:

Post a Comment