Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So what?

"So what?" was the big question when I was a kid. In the middle of an argument among friends, when a truth that hit too close to home you would say "So what?" It's an important question. What does it matter? What's the impact? Why should I even bother to think about what you're saying.

As we get older, we lose sight of this 2 word phrase. I believe this phrase has a place in Christianity.

When we read the Bible, we need to ask the question - "So what?"

  • What is God trying to say?
  • What impact is this going to have on my life?
  • Why is this important to me?
  • What message is God trying to say about himself?
So what?

For the last 2 days, the following verse has been ringing in my head:

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2 ESV)

No commentary necessary. Just reflect on what God is saying. If you're so inclined, leave a message about what this is saying to you.


1 comment:

  1. This scripture reminds me that wherever I am and whatever I'm doing--God should be pleased.Every hour, every interaction is an opportunity to glorify Him through showing love, patience and demonstrating joy. I work on taking the perceived negative things in life and in the world and looking at them through biblical perspective. Thinking about them with the mind of Christ. At least I try!!

    ReplyDelete