Friday, November 2, 2012

How do you handle weakness?

I love and hate this time of year. I love the cool weather... and 3 months of really cool holidays. What I hate about this time of year is that it shows my absolute weakness when it comes to self control. When my favorite candy is around, it calls my name and without even thinking about it my hand goes in the bowl, candy goes in my mouth and I'm wondering what in the world happened!

Thanksgiving and Christmas are the same. The turkey, ham, cakes, cookies, pie. If I'm not careful, I will absolutely put on 10 pounds this time of year without even thinking twice.

Sin is the same way. Sin is so entrenched in our character that so many times, we find ourselves sinning and we don't even think about it. Take a moment and reflect. Can you think of an instance when that has happened to you?


But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. (James 1:14-15 ESV)

   So... how do we battle it? It's easy to think about battling against Satan, and the gates of hell... but we have this weakness where we sabotage our own selves!

   This week... this season, let us be aware of our weakness, and in our weakness look to God to be our strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment