Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What's wrong with cookies for breakfast?

I really want a cookie right now. One of the luxuries of being an adult is that there is nothing that prevents me from having cookies for breakfast. I could grab a hand full of cookies, a nice glass of cold milk and really treat myself.

The problem is that eating like that has caused me to get fat, and once you get that extra layer of fatness around your mid-section... it's really hard to make it go away.

Now... there's not anything wrong with having a few extra pounds... unless the few extra pounds becomes a lot of extra pounds... then, as you get older, it causes health issues like increase blood sugar bringing on the possibility of Type II diabetes, raised cholesterol, and high blood pressure.

Honestly, it all sneaks up on you so quickly that it's hard for you to notice... and once it's there, it's hard to do anything to get rid of it!

So, what does this have to do with Christianity? Everything!

"All things are lawful for me," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominated by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

In other words, just because you think you can do something, doesn't mean that it's the best thing for you spiritually. Let's take a look at our lives this week and find out if there are any places spiritually that we've become "fat" and let us work on strengthening that area of our spiritual lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment