Saturday, June 8, 2013

Are you a light in a world of darkness?

One late night, I went to the bathroom. Not wanting to disturb my wife, who was sleeping, I didn't turn on any lights. It's our house, surely I could make my way in the dark, right? 

Getting to the bathroom was easy, when I left, I knocked over the trash container that she bought. I kicked the scale. I stubbed my toe on the edge of the bed frame. As convinced as I was that I could do this routine that I honestly believed I could do with my eyes closed... I always end up stumbling.

It would be easy to say that if everything were neatly in its place, this wouldn't happen... but that's not the way life works. Life is rarely neat.

I eventually purchased a little flashlight. When I shine this light, darkness has to get out of the way. Light trumps darkness every single time.

"Again Jesus spoke to them saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden." Matt 5:14
The question of the day is... are you a light? Do your actions cause people to find their way so they don't stumble?

Let us struggle to be light.





No comments:

Post a Comment