Monday, June 24, 2013

It's okay to stop rushing

This morning started like most mornings do. I wake up, then spend a moment meditating trying to understand what God is trying to get me to pay attention to. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you." Matthew 6:33, we've read it hundreds of times before. But this time, I dug into it a little deeper.

Basically, what the verse is saying is - when you have an issue, when you have a problem, when life happens... you should look at the kingdom of God to understand how you should respond.

That's a difficult thing. Work is fast paced. Life is fast paced. It's far easier to just act based upon instinct or our best guess at the time, but God is asking us to consider Him first.

Anyway, as I was running out the door to get to the emergency of the day, my wife asked me to pray before I left. My first answer was, "I'm running late... I have to go!" But ended up coming back to take a moment in prayer.

I get it. Seek the kingdom of God first. Understand that there is a difference between our vocation and our job.

In the end, today went remarkably smooth, all things considered.

God gets the praise.

Let's learn to take a moment and slow things down to understand how our actions reflect on the kingdom of God and get our marching orders on how we should approach our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment