Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life is full of choices. Although the Bible is our roadmap, you can always find people who try to justify what they believe by reading the Bible and trying to find shades of grey where the Bible does not explicitly say "thou shall not do [insert action here]".

I've had those conversations in the past. They are really unproductive because if people really want to do something, they will find a way to justify it.

The Bible does offer a simple litmus test. Jesus says:
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10
Is the action that you're about to take profitable? Will it help your relationship with God?

  •  Is it good for you spiritually?
  •  Is it good for you physically?
  •  Is it good for you mentally?
  •  Is it good for you financially?
  • Is it good for you morally?
The list goes on and on. One of the areas that I have difficulty in submitting my life completely to God is in how I eat. I know that if I submit this area to God it will have a healthy impact on my life, but I consistently justify it.

I need to realize that God has a plan for me, and that as long as I make these bad decisions, which could have an adverse effect on my health in the long run, I am falling prey to an enemy that has a desire to steal, kill, and destroy.

What areas in your life are under the same kind of subtle attack? How different would your life be if we submitted those areas to God in order to experience abundant life?

Let us struggle to make wise choices in all areas of our lives so that God gets the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment