Monday, December 30, 2013

Even when I'm sleeping?



Have you ever had that disorienting sleep where you lay down for a nap and then wake up and you aren't quite sure what time it is? I especially don't like the feeling when you look at the clock and based upon the time and the time of year it could either be early in the morning or sometime in the evening.

In the disorientation, your mind races to find out if you should be racing to get to work, or if in a few hours it's time for bed.

I hate that feeling, and I'm glad that it only happens once in a while...

I lay down and slept; I awoke again, for the Lord sustained me. Psalm 3:5
Sometimes, we take even something as simple as sleep for granted. We expect to fall asleep, then wake up the next morning and continue with our mundane life. When we're sleep, we're completely helpless to the world. However, God sustains us.

I try to stay in the habit of hearing God's voice when I awake in the morning. I lie still in bed and listen. It's seems so much easier to hear His voice before the craziness of the day starts, and even more of a struggle to remember what He said as the day goes on...

Let us struggle to remember that God is there and that He cares for us, even in the things that we take for granted, like sleep. If He cares for us in our sleep, how much more does He care about how we conduct ourselves during our waking hours?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I've been meditating on this as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete