Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How to be great in God's Kingdom

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies; it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? "Father, save me from this hour"? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name. Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again." John 12:24-28

I can't say much more than what Jesus said. If you really want to bear fruit, you need to wholly submit your life to the will of God the Father. It's not an easy thing to do. Even Jesus prayed and asked God if he could take this cup (the act of Him being crucified) away, but ended His prayer with "nevertheless, not my will, but yours be done".

Let us struggle to love God more than our own lives... and let's become fruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment