Saturday, July 28, 2012

When you get it wrong... there's time to get it right...

The church that I attend spent the summer in the Psalms. To encourage people to spend time in the Psalms, they asked members of the congregation to write a song inspired by the Psalms. Anyone could submit a song, you don't have to be musical, or play an instrument... just make a joyful noise.

As a guitar player, I write songs regularly, so I thought this would be a piece of cake.

Honestly, I wrote 4 songs and none of them were any good. So, I did what any Christian would do after failed attempts at trying to do something out of MY OWN WILL for God... I asked Him why nothing was turning out right.

God's answer to me was simple:

You are looking for a song. 
I am looking for worshipers.

Okay... let's talk about conviction...

Let's take time this weekend to not think of going to church, reading our Bible, listening to Christian radio as something that we "just do out of habit." Let's take time to meditate on what God is saying - and more importantly... let's take time to worship Him!

Ascribe to the LORD, O families of the peoples,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength!
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
bring an offering, and come into his courts!
Worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth!
(Psalm 96:7-9 ESV)



No comments:

Post a Comment