Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I can see clearly now...


Most nights, by the time I come to bed, my wife is already asleep. I crack open the door and silently walk into the room. I tip toe around so I won't wake her up. I make my way to the closet, to the bathroom to brush my teeth, then around the room to my side of the bed. The whole time I'm doing this, I think to myself "It would be so much easier if the light were on."

Now, imagine - if you will, that you are living your whole life with the lights out. It's easy to get turned around and not be sure where you are. It's easy to bump into things. You're not as effective as you could be if you could just simply turn on the light.

What would you do if you walked outside one day and everyone around you had their eyes closed and their hands out in front of them in the middle of the day. What would you think if everyone was stumbling around because they couldn't see - and it was because they had blindfolds over their eyes. Would you say anything?

What if those people were your loved ones, your friends... what if they came over to your house, and as soon as they walked in the door they closed their eyes and stumbled around trying to find a place to sit.

I know this sounds absurd, but for the Christian, this is the world that we live in.


19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God. John 3:19-21 ESV

That is the great thing about reading the word of God - it shows you that you need a savior. But once you accept that, and accept the help that God gives, your whole life changes. There is no need to stumble around like you're lost. The answers become clear...

Let's struggle this week to let the light of God illuminate our way. Let us love the statutes of God more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment