Saturday, May 4, 2013

Diet and Exercise




For years, I have been struggling with my weight. The one thing that I realize is that I am most effective at being healthy when I match diet and exercise together. It's amazing how those two things work very well together. When you work out, you're less likely to eat poorly. 

The two go hand in hand... when you start seeing the changes, you it inspires you to continue to eat healthy an to work out... until something happens that throws you off the path. But I'll cover that in a later blog. 

Diet and exercise is like studying and prayer.

Studying the Word of God is your diet. It's what you place into your spiritual body. Jesus is the Word of God. To read our Bible is to know Jesus. Jesus says:

They said to him, "Sir, give us this bread always." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. John 6:34-36
Even in the beginning of the  church in the book of Acts the earl y church understood this too.


Therefore, brothers, pick out from among you seven men of good repute, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we will appoint to this duty.  But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” And what they said pleased the whole gathering, and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolaus, a proselyte of Antioch. Acts 6:3-5
Let us not lose sight of this. My challenge to you for the next week is to couple prayer and Bible study together and see how that changes your walk with God. 






No comments:

Post a Comment