Friday, May 3, 2013

Is your view of love upside down?

A friend of mine posted a simple statement to Facebook this morning that made me think. He simply stated that:
Love is not the acceptance of a sinful lifestyle.
Somewhere along the way, the message of love from the Christian perspective has been perverted. While it is true that Go loved the world so much that He gave His only son as sacrifice. But that's not the end of the sentence - it continues to say "so that whoever believes should not perish, but have eternal life."

God loves, but He doesn't accept the sinful lifestyle. He calls for repentance.

18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. (Revelations 3:18-20)
The call is for us to be as purity, to be able to see our sin, understand our sin an repent. I think that's the lesson that we need to share with those who don't believe. We need to share the message that God does love us all, but He also wants us to understand the consequences of sin and to turn from our sinfulness because there is a consequence for disobedience. And disobedience isn't decide by a popularity poll.

Let us struggle to stand firm on what the Bible says and not be swayed by popular opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment