Friday, September 30, 2011

Getting ready

I work for a company where the attire is "business professional". Every day, whether I feel like it or not, I have to have a long sleeved shirt that's ironed, a tie, pants with a nice crease in them, dress socks, polished dress shoes and a blazer or jacket ready just in case.

There are days when I don't feel like going through the preparation... I think about taking a vacation day, but I get ready anyway - go to work... and do what I'm supposed to do.

Why? To serve my earthy boss for the reward of a paycheck.

On the other hand, when it comes to my Christian faith, there are times when I just don't feel like going through the process. I don't feel like picking up my Bible and reading what it says. I may not feel like praying. I don't feel like sharing my faith with others.

Why is it easier to take a "vacation day" from Christianity than it is to take a vacation day from work?

I'm not sure... maybe it's in how we view our reward... or should I say, our confidence in our reward.

I think, from this day forward, I'll make it a point to properly prepare...


Hebrews 10:35-36
King James Version
 35Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
 36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment