Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kindness is a very big thing!

When I was in college, I went to a convention for one of the Campus Ministries that I was a part of. One night, after our sessions we went to the only place that was open to get a late night snack... a bus station.

There was an elderly homeless gentleman that was there who was asking the people in the line if they would get him a cup of water. Water didn't cost anything back then...  and student after student who had just spent time learning about the love of God paid him no attention.

When it was my time to order, I took what little money I had and bought food for him and for me. I called him over, say down and shared a meal with him. While we were talking, he called a guy over that worked in the bus station... I shared the gospel with him, and the bus station employee accepted Christ!

If I hadn't shown kindness to this seemingly homeless man, I would never have had the chance to share the gospel with the bus station employee.


6 For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. 7 So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:6-8 NLT
It's an easy thing to by kind to others. When we were completely lost in our sins, Christ died for us. Let's show kindness to others. We'll never know what will come out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment