Monday, May 21, 2012

Who will you be?

God does not change. If we do not understand this fact about God, we will allow the world to change our views.


God is not man, that he should lie,
or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it?
Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
        (Numbers 23:19 ESV)

 Our society teaches us that we are what we do. They want us to base out image upon what we do... what we are in control of. I am an artist. I am an athlete. I am a doctor. They want us to be preoccupied with who we are and not who I AM is.


God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” (Exodus 3:14 ESV)

We were made in the image and likeness of God.
Then God said, “Let us make man1 in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Genesis 1:26
He calls us by His name. He has adopted us into His family. He chose us!


You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
(John 15:16 ESV)

This week... let us struggle to remember who we are, don't let society change us to look like it does...


No comments:

Post a Comment