Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Word of God

Honestly, I do not understand everything that I read in the Bible. I do, however; believe it is true. Sometimes, when I'm just reading throughout the Old Testament it links to something in the New Testament and I am overwhelmed and the consistency of the message... God is Holy, and His desire is that none of us perish, but that we love Him with all our heart, because of His loving mercy and enduring kindness to those who accept that He is God and God alone.

A few years ago, I came across something in the book of Psalms that I didn't understand until this morning.

The words of the Lord are pure words,
    like silver refined in a furnace on the ground,
    purified seven times. Psalm 12:6 ESV
One of the things that people frequently say is that the Bible was written by men. It has the potential to contain errors... then I read this verse... and I understand. God painstakingly made sure that every word that was preserved was as He intended.

Think about it. God says of His Holy Word that they are pure words. Refined and purified 7 times!

God went through extreme care to make sure that what we know about Him, His character, His plan, was preserved in such a way that it was a pure as when He spoke to Moses, the prophets, the apostles.

Today, let's just rest in that fact... that God painstakingly took the time to tell us about Him. Let's do our best to get to know Him by really embracing His words and asking God to reveal Himself to us through His Holy Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment