Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Friendship

It's been about 6 years since I've been "home". For the last 6 years, I have been on the road as a consultant and have spent at least 5 days a week away from my home. The one thing that happens when you're away is that you begin to lose contact with people. 

The first thing that you miss when there's this lack of connection is friendship. Sure, you have acquaintances, but really there is this deep desire that I had to be known and to know others.

I genuinely longed to be able to sit down with people that knew me well enough to speak into my life in areas where I might be out of balance, people that cared enough to tell me that I may want to consider doing something about my weight, people that just cared.

Friends will tell you the truth. They share what's on their hearts, their hopes, dreams, aspirations. There is nothing more refreshing than spending time with a good friend.

Jesus says "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:15 ESV)
Jesus is plainly saying that his desire isn't for us to simply be mindless servants that are doing things because we're told to. He wants us to be friends. God's desires and plans for our life are not hidden or essoteric. He wants to make his thoughts known to us!

Let's spend the rest of this week exploring our friendship with Jesus. Really take the time to tell him what your dreams, hopes and fears are... but don't let it be a one sided conversation... listen... and see what God's plans are for you, see where He is helping you and what His plans are for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment