Thursday, September 27, 2012

Need a hand?

If I had to be totally honest, I would say that the only time that I really pray earnestly is when I come across a situation that I cannot handle myself. Don't get me wrong, that's not the only time I pray. On a daily basis, I pray that I make a difference in the Kingdom of God. I've been know to pray for those around me. But the only time where it's prolonged and with fervor is when I need guidance... and then it's usually revolving around work.

I know the Bible says "Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man." Psalm 60:11 AND Psalm 108:12. It also says, "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1. In the New Testament it says "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace in the time of need." Hebrews 4:16 - but since the Bible is God's story and not man's what if each one if these is in direct relationship to the advancing the Kingdom, and our fight to remain in the Kingdom of God?

When was the last time that you truly prayed for God to help you reach the lost? When was the last time you prayed to understand how to live out God's word? When was the last time - at the hint of sin, you boldly ran into the throne room of God and screamed  help me not sin?

Don't get me wrong, God is interested in our day to day needs. However, in the final analysis, our jobs will go away. Our problems will end some day. The things that endure are the things that we do for the Kingdom of God.

My challenge for you today is to pray with a Kingdom mindset. Pray that God will help you reach the lost, and stay safe from sin.


No comments:

Post a Comment