Saturday, October 20, 2012

... but God saw it differently.


I really didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wasn't even thinking about the future at all. But one day, I walked into my Dad's office, he was doing computer math, and I was hooked. My course and my future were set. That single incident changed my life.

It's really easy for us to look at natural incidents in our life and find the pivotal moments. It is much harder to find those pivotal moments in our own lives when it comes to our relationship with God.

The primary difference between those of us that believe in God and those that don't is that we recognize that at some point in our lives, God stepped in and made a change. We would have been lost, but God revealed himself to us.

It's not our preaching of the gospel that will persuade people. It's the power of God.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty... 1 Corinthians 1:27

There is no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Cor 10:13

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)... Ephesians 2:4-5

Let us struggle this week to see those places in our lives where things could go wrong, but God steps in. We need to see those places where peoples lives are going in the wrong direction, but God wants us to share His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment