Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I am the problem...

I am the reason why I don't eat healthy.
I am the reason why I don't exercise.
I am the reason why I don't use my time wisely.
I am the reason why I don't share God's word when I feel  Him tugging at my heart to share.
I am the reason why I don't pray about a situation when I know God is asking me to.

We live in a self help world where we are taught that we have the ability to lose wright if we just follow the right diet and exercise plan.
We are taught that we can change our lives if we just follow the right philosophy or read the right book.

Even in church, sometimes we are taught that if we just do these 3 easy steps, our life will change.

We try all this on our own then wonder why God doesn't show Himself strong and might in our lives like He did with Abraham, Moses, Paul or any of the other great heroes in the Bible.

God doesn't change. In Genesis 15:1, He tells Abraham: "Fear not, Abram, I am your shield and your exeeding great reward."

When God's people were in Captivity, God told Moses "I am who I am", or "I am that I am" was sending him in Exodus 3:14.

Paul learned this lesson too. He had an infirmity that he prayed for God to remove. God's answer to him was: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor 12:9-10

It is amazing what we can accomplish when we rely on God to do the things that we can''t do. Here's the challenge for the rest of the week. Stop trying so hard to do things through your own strength. Wait on God, listen intently to His voice, and be obedient without question. You will be surprised at the changes that happen in your life.






No comments:

Post a Comment