Friday, October 5, 2012

Jealous

When I was younger, I had this HUGE crush on a young lady. It wasn't just some anonymous crush because she was beautiful. I tried to get to know her. I spent time with her. I knew her likes, her dislikes, her passions, her favorite color. If you asked me why I was interested in her, I could tell you all about her quirks and idiosyncrasies.

Of course, she was interested in an egotistical guy that treated women like trophies. She would chase him, give him things... anything just to get his attention for a moment. I don't think he even really knew her name.

I'm sure most of you can relate to a story like this... in all honesty, most of us live it on a regular basis.

God loves us. He describes Himself as a jealous God. He knows the numbers of hairs on our head. God supplies our need. He cares for us and gave us the most precious gift - salvation by offering His own son Jesus on a cross. Remember this? "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, so that any whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

But, the world is off chasing the promise anything else in order to find significance. Even Christians sometimes get caught up in chasing things other than God.

There is no challenge today. There is no struggle. Just take a moment and reflect. God loves you. How are you responding to His love? God wants to love those around you. How are you sharing His love with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment