Thursday, March 8, 2012

First things first...

In a moment of complete vulnerability, I freely admit that I miss the mark sometimes. That's one of the reasons why I blog. It helps me prioritize. Honestly, I think I write more for myself than for any of you. That's because I believe in God and more than anything else, I want to be in a place where He can use the gifts and the talents that He has given me. That's why I blog anonymously. I am not interested in you following me, as much as I am interested in you following God.

Lately, I've been feeling a little... down. Partially because I feel like I've been pouring out on this blog and a few others that I write, and some other projects that have been going on and I feel... empty.

The last blog post about seeking God in the quietness helped a lot. I received my "course correction" and decided to share it with you!

Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matt 6:33 KJV
It is so easy to get caught up in everyTHING that we forget the FIRST thing. It's not about the writing, or the music, or the teaching... it's about me... seeking the kingdom of God. If I chase God, He will do the rest of the work. He will bring people into contact with this blog. He'll inspire the words. He will bring rest and respite.

That's my struggle today... to put everything else aside... and remember to press towards the kingdom of God.

Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment