Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm sorry...

I was in my small group today when one of the guys made the statement "There is hope. There is only one way, and there's nothing wrong with that." I wanted to stand up and applaud because this simple truth was so eloquently stated.

We live in a world that is need of hope. Just this past week people were in an outrage over a war in Uganda where children are recruited to be soldiers. Gas prices are at an all time high. There are still people facing being jobless. Sometimes it's overwhelming, people need hope. Unless... that hope is in Jesus. For some reason people are not willing to have hope in a savior. I am sorry you don't have hope.

Hebrews 10:22-24 New Living Translation (NLT)
22 let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works

I was talking with some other friends of mine who are a part of a major denomination. Their church is about to leave the affiliation because the want to change their doctrine to say "Jesus is A way" and not the only way. I am sorry you are wrong. There is only one way.
John 14:6 (NLT)
6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 7 If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
Admittedly, I have friends that don't believe in God and they do not adhere to what the Bible teaches. I love them as friends. I am sorry they will never know the love of God.

I am sorry I don't pray for those who don't know Jesus as their personal savior as much as I should.

I am sorry that sometimes I miss the queue to share the good news.

Now that I have apologized, I can now unapologetically start. This weekend, let's embrace the fact that there is hope, there is only one way - and there is nothing wrong with that... and lets share that message with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment