Monday, November 7, 2011

Sometimes warriors get tired...

Sometimes, I get tired. Sometimes, I honestly don't "feel" motivated about my relationship with God. It could be due to everything that's going on in the world around me... it could just be me.

The question is, what do I do about it? Well, right now - to be totally honest, I would love to have a bacon double cheeseburger topped with bleu cheese, cajun flavored french fries and 32 ounces of root beer. Not that that would motivate me or make me feel better. As a matter of fact - it would probably flow against my long term plans.

But, I still wouldn't feel like praying,  picking up my Bible or blogging... but here I am. As I struggle to hear from God, I read these words:

1 Timothy 2:1
I urge you first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
Then it all makes sense. The pity party that I'm throwing for myself doesn't matter. I know God. We have a relationship.  I know that He has a bigger plan and that in everything that I think I'm enduring, He is tempering me like steal - removing impurities so I can be stronger, wiser, and more reliant.

It's not about me.

Today, I need to humble myself and pray... and I'm praying for you.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourself therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon him; because he cares for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment