Thursday, November 10, 2011

Why am I here

At some point, I think thinks about this question in some way.

Why am I here.
Why was I born into this family.
Why do I live here.

It's almost like we instinctively know that we're suppose to fulfill some purpose with our lives, but we can't quite figure out how we can get there from here.

Maybe... just maybe, we are where we are suppose to be, but WE are the ones trying to solve the wrong problem.

I always like to go to the Bible to try and get a little understanding... what did Jesus, our model for living say?
John 6:38
The Message
I came down from heaven not to follow my own whim, but to accomplish the will of the One who sent me.
Jesus accomplished so much in his 3 1/2 years of ministry because he knew why he was there, and born into that family, living where he lived... He was there so he could accomplish the will of God.

Do you know what the will of God is in your life? Do you know what he wants you to do? Do you spend time fasting and praying to discern what his plan is for your life? More importantly... are you doing it?

I think that sums up Christianity in the nutshell. We shouldn't follow our own whims. We do what God asks us to do. I understand that obedience can be difficult at times... believe me, I know... but here are my closing questions for the day.


  • When you hear the voice of God, are we obedient?
  • Do you even try?


No comments:

Post a Comment