Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fight... Fight... it's over now...

I got into a fight once when I was in junior high school. I'll never forget it. I didn't have a problem with the other person, and he didn't have a problem with me. A few careless words were exchanged and next thing I know I got punched in the nose. To this day, I think of it as a sucker punch - but that's because I wasn't expecting a fight. It was over nothing, I still remember Greg's first and last name and the look of anger and contempt that he had in his eyes.

I'm not sure we ever reconciled. I think we just kind of went our own separate ways. As a matter of fact, I looked him up on Facebook today. We have 1 mutual friend. I'm not sure what would happen if I sent him a message either. But this made me think about disagreements and arguments.

"This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault." (Col 1:21-22 New Living Translation)

I feel my pulse race when I think about that fight in the cafeteria, but when I think of my life before Jesus sometimes I just give a casual shrug. We talk about God as being a loving God, but forget that He is righteous and Holy and that we were truly enemies before he reconciled us to Him by the death of his Son. That... is serious!

He brought us into his presence and views us holy and blameless. Do we cherish that? Are we grateful that has gone through the whole process of mending the relationship? Let us not forget that we were once far away from God and the extreme measures he went through to mend the relationship.

Let us also show that love to others. I think I'm going to send Greg a message...

No comments:

Post a Comment