Monday, January 30, 2012

Power problems

Earlier this year we had a power problem. Two of the power outlets that were by the bed stopped working. At night, before we went to be, my wife and I plugged in our telephones so they could charge, and when we woke up in the morning, we found that they hadn't been charged.

It looked like we did what we were suppose to do. We were plugged into the source, but there wasn't anything happening.

The problem... was deeper. Although, on the outside, it looked like everything was connected, the problem was deeper. The problem... was in the walls. It was a really easy fix that only took a few moments. You see, all the power outlets are "chained" together, and there was a loose connection in one of the outlets that caused power to not flow.

Sometimes, as Christians, we look like we're connected on the outside, but on the inside there's no connection. We know the right things to say, we know how to act, but there's this emptiness that haunts us.

When I diagnosed the problem, I had this tester that I plugged into the wall to help me diagnose the problem. How do we diagnose the problem if we're Christians?

Easy... 1 question.
Is it easy for you to share your Christian faith with others?
The one thing that I hear most from Christians is that they don't know how to share their faith. That they don't feel comfortable or empowered. If that's the case, maybe you need to check your connection to THE power source. God gives us this promise unconditionally:

"...you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere - in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8 New Living Translation 

No comments:

Post a Comment