Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dating God

I am glad I am not dating anymore.When I talk with people who are still dating, I frequently hear the same thing over and over again.

  1. I met this person I really like.
  2. I'm not sure if they like me.
  3. I'm going to ask them if they like me.
  4. We're seeing each other!
  5. I think they're seeing someone else - I'm a good person, why can't they see it?
  6. They broke up with me!
  7. Anger
Anyone that has dated can probably relate to this story. The anger of rejection is real.

 But in reality, this is God's story when it comes to mankind. The thing is, God's anger isn't with us... it's with sin and the fact that sin separates us from Him. That's why he went through extraordinary means to bridge the relationship.

Think about it...God loves us, He gave us the ultimate gift in the person of his Son they gave his life for us. We realize that God loves us and we say we want to have a relationship with him... then, we wander off.

The difference is that God continues to pursue us.

Deuteronomy 6:5
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
5So love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul, and strength

Romans 5:7-9
New Life Version (NLV)
7 No one is willing to die for another person, but for a good man someone might be willing to die. 8 But God showed His love to us. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Now that we have been saved from the punishment of sin by the blood of Christ, He will save us from God’s anger also.

No comments:

Post a Comment