Tuesday, October 4, 2011

No more excuses

If I were to be totally honest, one of the reasons why I don't pursue God with all my heart is a fear of failure.

What happens if he asks me to do something that is too hard? What if I fail?

The last thing I want if for God to be disappointed with my actions, so it's easier to not try... but, isn't the end result the same? Isn't God still disappointed that we didn't try?

In my prayer time today, I really felt I heard God saying, if you just trust in me and let me be your strength and guide, I will show you things in the Kingdom that you could never imagine!

My immediate response was, "Why me? I am nothing special."

God's response was... "I know why I made you, and what mission I want you to accomplish."

It's hard for me to not try and make things happen on my own... to trust in an invisible God all the time. To serve him "like a Hebrew slave." (Pardon the colloquialism) But... isn't that what he asks us to do in his word? Isn't that what I've been blogging about?

I really want to see what God has in store for me. So - please pray for me while I learn how to submit.

I may not be a prophet, but I know that God knows me and set me aside for a purpose...

Jeremiah 1
This is what God said:
 5"Before I shaped you in the womb,
   I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
   I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
   that's what I had in mind for you."
 6But I said, "Hold it, Master God! Look at me.
   I don't know anything. I'm only a boy!"
 7-8God told me, "Don't say, 'I'm only a boy.'
   I'll tell you where to go and you'll go there.
I'll tell you what to say and you'll say it.
   Don't be afraid of a soul.
I'll be right there, looking after you."
   

No comments:

Post a Comment