Wednesday, October 12, 2011

There is this personal project that I've been working on for some time. It's a tough one and one that I find overwhelming at times. Every time the chance comes to work on it, I look at the big picture, see how big it is, then say... "I'll start tomorrow."

For many, this "project" can take many different forms... it can be - getting your weight under control, getting to know God better through Bible study, giving up friends that you know are keeping you away from a closer relationship with God... we each probably have at least 1 thing...

I woke up this morning, and realized that I was successful in my yesterday.

Since I'm introspective, I decided to try and figure out why yesterday seemed so easy... in my time with God I felt he was saying to me...
"Give us this day, our daily bread..." Matthew 6:11
God has a history of giving us what we need 1 day at a time. Whether it was providing manna for the people of Israel when they were wandering in the desert or in the life of the Apostle Paul who realized that he needed to "die daily" (Romans 6:11) to his own desires... or even today - where you and I need God to help us with our life.

People tend to forget God when things are going good, and only pursue Him when there's trouble. If we can get into the habit of chasing His will daily, how would that change our lives? If we didn't say "tomorrow" but grasped on to the grace the He has given us today... would we do better?

I think I get it... I need to value what God has in store for me more than a mere moment in time that will fade away. I need to trust that God will help me get through the moment sometimes and not just make things go away. I need to learn to respond to His grace. It may be difficult in the moment... but the reward of success is great!

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
17These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing. 18Things that are seen don't last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That's why we keep our minds on the things that cannot be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment