Saturday, April 14, 2012

How far are you willing to go?

Sometimes I look at the Christian teachers on television and I ask myself, "Where is the passion?" Sometimes, it seems like Christians have been taught that we are suppose to be docile and peaceful. Passion, screaming at the top of your lungs... anything that is explosive for the most part is looked down upon.

Think about it. We live on a planet that was created by the most high God. An invader came into the house of God and turned his peaceful garden into a place that no longer welcomed their rightful King. Most of the people have been brainwashed and no longer believe that there is a king or that He will one day come back to reclaim his His throne!

This morning, I'm thinking about Jesus who entered the temple, through the money changers tables over, braided a whip and chased people out of His Fathers house screaming at the top of his lungs "My house is supposed to be a house of prayer, but you have turned it into a den of thieves!" (Matthew 21:13)

34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.
35 ‘I have come to set a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36     Your enemies will be right in your own household!’
37 “If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. 38 If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. 39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it. (Matthew 10:34-37 New Living Translation)
This is not a call to physical arms. We need to be aware that we are fighting a spiritual battle. We need to be ready to stand up and say what we believe without fear and trepidation. We have the right to express our beliefs. There is a difference between passing judgment on someone and saying "You are wrong in your lifestyle", and saying "I believe homosexuality or sexual relations out of marriage is wrong."

So, how far are you willing to go to stand up for your beliefs against the masses that are telling you that you are wrong?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment