Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Love is always threatened...

I love this picture because it screams of truth. Love... is always threatened by the waves of life. Just like in this picture, the water will overcome love and it will erode away. If love is to exist there again... it has to intentionally be re-written again. In our lives, we need to continually remember to love people including those who are hard to love... those who always wear away at the love you're trying to show them.

Love is important. I'm not talking about this mushy thing that our society embraces - where love is confused with sex or giving in to how someone feels. Love is intentional.

Jesus sums up the 10 commandments in 2 simple thoughts... Love God... Love each other.
29 Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. 30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ 31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” Mark 12:29-31 New Living Translation
Love has to be the motive. If you are doing something for someone because you think they will owe you? You... are loving wrong. If you are doing something good because you want people to think you're great... you, are loving wrong.

I admit it... there are people in my life that frustrate me to no end. I lose patience with them. I love them... but they make me want to scream some times! I admit it... they irritate me and as a result, my interactions with them becomes rude. I look back at things that they've done and it drives the way I look at them in the future. Then, I read this:

  3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing. 4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:3-7 New Living Translation
I have to ask myself - am I truly being governed by the spirit of God? After all, the fruit of the spirit is love.

Today, I am going to scribble LOVE all over my life... and anytime it gets eroded by the waves of life, try to remember to write it again.

1 comment:

  1. I always remind myself love is a choice,and try to remind others as well. Thank you for your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete