Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You hold the key...



Every once in a while I see something that catches my eye and it makes me think. This image immediately made me think of "the heart." By nature, every one of us is born with a heart that is hard and does not want God to enter in. It's the sin nature that we inherited from Adam.

Our sin nature is just like this block of stone with a keyhole that you can't even get a key in! There is this thing that looks like a keyhole, but as hard as you try, you just can't get a key into it.

That is the basic state that man is in. Hard heart. No way to change by ourselves.

Jesus says, "Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. (Revelations 3:20)

Just take a second and remember what life was like before you let Jesus in. Remember that he wants to have an intimate relationship with us... let's remember to spend some quality time with God today. It will change your outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment