Thursday, April 26, 2012

Not a care in the world...

If someone told me that I won $5,000,000 (yes, that's $5 Million) and that I would be getting it at the end of the week, there's not a lot of things that you could tell me that would make me worry.

Ummm... I have bad news for you, your car was stolen.
No problem... I'll buy one Saturday!

Your house... it burned down.
Ehhhh... didn't like it anyway. I'll buy a new on on Monday.

You no longer have a job.
That's okay... just have to make it to the weekend...

That, is the feeling of peace that comes from security. Interestingly enough, neither you or I won the lottery today and we don't have a big check waiting for us. Fortunately, as Christians, our peace doesn't come from trusting in man or in money. Our peace comes from our trust in God.

Peace, is another facet of the fruit of the spirit. It's that natural state of tranquility that only comes from having a relationship with God.

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:6-8 NLT
We have the ability to pray and ask God for anything that we need. We can look back at His track record and see how He has met all of our need in the past. We can see how God has never failed us. People that haven't experienced it, will never understand it. Honestly, sometimes I don't really understand it either, but I can clearly see God's hand. When I think about that... when I see that truth and think about it... I will be thankful and give praises to God, who is worthy forever and ever, amen.

Let's struggle to remember that God cares for us and that we can pray about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment